Friday, August 22, 2008

How-To: Find all the menus to which a function is attached?


I was wondering how to find the list of menus to which a function is attached in the oracle application. Everybody will think of writing a SQL query to find it. Even I did the same before knowing about Functional Administrator responsibility. Thanks to my colleague and good friend Vivek Srinivasan who told me about this responsibility.


In this responsibility you can search for all the menus to which a function is been attached. even you can see the responsibilities to which a menu is been attached. The good part is, it will list all the responsibility even if the menu is in the submenu of the main menu and same for function.



This responsibility even have lot many features which the sysadmin and really make use of it on there daily job queries.

I just posted this info thinking it might help some body. I will try to post some SQL queries which will do even more than what this responsibility gives ;). So keep looking this post for more updates.


No comments:

Post a Comment