Wednesday, August 27, 2008

How-To: Disable the preference menu from SSA page


Today I remembered one my task which I had done few days ago. The actual given to me is to disable the Preferences menu option from few responsibilities which is actually a Self Service Application page. So as-usual I started searched metalink and google and found three solutions for this. Let me list all the three type of solutions for this.

Solution 1:

Updating the profile option "General Preferences Show Flag" value to 'No'.

We can disable the preferences menu from the SSA page by setting the profile General Preferences Show Flag value to No. We can set this option on all the levels like Site, Application, Responsibility and User. So I can use this profile option to do my needful.

metalink note: 275876.1

Solution 2:

The second solution is my adding the General Preferences function in the menu exclusion list. But this solution will help only for responsibility level. But I can use this for my current scenario.

(I myself figured out this solution)

Solution 3:

The third solution is basically bit different which I got it from the metalink note: 299218.1

As per this metalink note we need to remove the prompt of General Preferences function under the menus ICX_STANDARD_GLOBAL_MENU and ICX_GLOBAL_MENU. But this will remove the preferences menu from the entire SSA. So I will not consider this solution for my scenario.

Anyhow whoever come across this requirement can pick one from the above mentioned solutions :)


No comments:

Post a Comment